Walk, walk and walk
You dont need to go to gym for work out. Just walk when you get a chance to walk. New studies have shown that shown that even short bouts of activity can increase your fitness level. If you have some errands to do, then make it a habit to park your car far away from your required destination. At the market or mall, park your car at the farthest end and walk the whole length of the mall or market. Go out for a short walk. Start with 5-10 minutes and then graduallay you can increase it by waling before breakfast, after dinner or both.
Stomach Crunch in Bed
This is a very good habit if you try it. When you wake up in the morning, dont immediately get out of the bed. Instead do 10-15 crunches while lying flat on your bed. You can increase the crunches over a period of time. Dont you think this is far more easier than to visit a gym and get a flat stomach.
If your job requires you to sit all day in front of the computer or if your spend a substantial amount of time in front of the TV, then dont forget to take breaks in between. Just take breaks at regular intervals. It is also effective if you can watch TV while standing. Better yet, spend a few minutes pedaling on your stationary bicycle or pedaling on the air while watching TV.
Some interesting exercises tips
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Breath in and breath out at any time. It reduces tension. So relax and take deep breaths as many times as you want.
- Stretch to reach items in high places and squat or bend to look at items at floor level.
- Stand up while talking on the telephone.
- Work in the garden, clean the house. Gardening, mowing, and vacuuming are basic examples of simple, light exercises.