How to use ginger?
Ginger is used fresh as a spice in culinary use. Ginger is also available in capsules, tablets, liquid extracts and tinctures, and powders, as well as in teas, cookies, such as ginger snaps, and candies. The use of small amounts of fresh ginger is considered to be generally safe. Dried, powdered, and extracted forms of ginger are considerably stronger and require more careful dosing. People suffering from gallstones or gallbladder disease should avoid ginger. Pregnant women may need to avoid consuming ginger in quantity.
Health Remedies using Ginger
- Gas, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, Vomiting: Ginger can be used to prevent vomiting. Just keep a small piece of ginger in your mouth and swallow its juice after regular interval. This helps in relieving nausea or vomiting or indigestion.
- Motion sickness: Try the same process if you have motion sickness problem. But use before travel.
- Arthritis pain: Ginger has been used for years to relieve arthritis pain. Rub Ginger oil (available in health food stores) or fresh ginger on a painful joint. A warm poultice can be made with fresh or powdered ginger. Mix enough ginger with very hot water to make a paste, spread on a gauze and allow it to soak in. Apply, ginger side to skin, to painful areas . You will be relieved of the pain.
- Migraine:Most suggest that ginger works best when taken at the first sign of a migraine headache. It also works in menstrul cramps.
- For cold , cough and flu: Two tablespoons fresh ginger in hot water several times a day will help you get rid of cold, flu and even headache. If you have sore throat or cough have ginger tea. Just add a piece of ginger in tea without milk and add a dash of lemon and honey. This is a very popular remedy for cough. Some people find relief from inhaling a few drops of ginger oil or fresh ginger in steaming water. For children, it's recommended that ginger not be used by children under two years of age.
- Diabetes: According to some doctors, drinking ginger in water first thing in the morning helps regulate glucose.
- Heart: Studies have shown that ginger may even lower blood pressure and improve blood-flow.
- Acne and skin problem:Ginger has many anti-acne properties and is ideal for natural acne treatment. Its culinary usage is safest.