Natural beauty remedies are the best for a proper skin regime and beauty treatment. Beauty experts suggest fruits as best skin polishers and scrubbers. As told by beauty expert Simmi Ghai, "Recent studies show that alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) present in fruits help fight harmful effects of pollution and delay the ageing of skin." Now in this summer season where your skin gets affected, keep these natural skin remedies and skin tips in mind to protect your face and body while making your skin look best.
Papaya facepack wonder
A papaya fruit pack for summer is good for all skin types. Papaya skin pack removes tan, reduces acne and minimises pores. Mash ripe papaya (may be half of it) with milk and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
Dermatologist Dr Naresh Arora recommends a strawberry face pack for oily and dry skin. Strawberries have strong antiseptic properties. Mash strawberries and apply them on your face. If possible, you can also mix kiwis in the pack along with some oatmeal. Leave it on for 10 min and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Cool Watermelon pack
Watermelon reduces sun tan and open pores when used as a face pack. Squeeze out the juice from grated watermelon and mix it with a little quantity of gram flour. Apply the mask and leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse.
Dermatologist Seema Malik says, "Fruit packs, if used in a wrong manner, can harm your skin. If you keep them on for too long, they can cause wrinkles. Also, they must be used at once after preparation, as they can ferment.”
Also, to avoid allergies, make sure that you go in for a patch test before applying a fruit mask.
Home made Moisturizer
- Take cucumber juice and watermelon juice in equal proportions and apply on face. You can cool it in the fridge before use.
- Rose water is also a good moisturiser and it can be sprayed on the face to tone and refresh it.
Sun Tan Removal Tips
Long exposure to sunlight can lead to tanning. The following home remedies are effective in combating and reducing the tan.
- Take raw potato juice and apply it on face. It’s a natural bleaching agent and can show results in one week.
- Make a paste of fuller earth (multani mitti) and coconut oil and apply it smoothly over the tan. It is also helpful in smoothening those fine lines and age spots on your face.
- Aloevera or cucumber juice, mixed with yoghurt are very effective in soothing the sun-burned skin.
- Lemon juice and turmeric powder can also be used to improve your complexion.
Natural Skin Scrubbers for Summers
Be careful to clean your skin regularly with a good scrub. You can make a natural scrub in the following ways:
- Mix oatmeal, lemon juice and fuller’s earth. This is a good natural scrubber.
- A mask of sandalwood paste and cucumber will make your facial skin feel revitalized after scrubbing.
Other Healthy Routine for Skin Care in Summer
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices, coconut and lemon water.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Milk is a cooling beverage that also supplies nutrients to your skin and helps to keep it from drying out. Drink a cup of milk every day, and also combine milk with ingredients like almond meal and rose water to make a balancing skin cleanser.
- Keep your skin nourished with a herbal moisturizer. Look for herbal formulations that contain skin-friendly herbs like turmeric, brahmi, sandalwood, amla and aloe vera.
- At least once a week, treat yourself to a fruit or vegetable mask appropriate for your skin type. Cucumbers, avocados, apricots and papayas lend themselves well to homemade masks.
- Also scrub your skin with natural scrubbers once a week.