Wheatgrass is considered to be one of the freshest food, one of the healthiest food, as it contains full of vitamins and enzymes, chlorophyll, minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant that is juiced or dried into powder form. You can also find wheat grass in juice bars, mixed fruit and vegetable drinks. Though wheatgrass can be consumed in powdered form or in juice form, it is said that the product is better freshly juiced.
The benefits of drinking wheatgrass juice:
- Wheatgrass is incredibly nutritional, just loaded with vitamins, minerals, proteins and and enzymes and all the essential amino acids.
- Wheatgrass is liquid chlorophyll. Chlorophyll has been called the blood of plants and it helps to rebuild our own blood. Also, chlorophyll is known as a powerful detoxifier, helping to cleanse the liver, blood, cells and tissues.
- Wheatgrass juice is know to treat some skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- This health drink helps in removing toxic substances from the body like mercury, aluminum, copper, cadmium, and lead.
- The plant also has healing properties. Drinking the juice of this plant creates an unfavorable environment for harmful bacteria and viruses, allowing the body to heal itself.
- It’s easy and economical to grow wheatgrass at home. You can use your own juicer to make your wheatgrass juice.
- Wheat Grass is a rich source of dietary fibre which is good for colon health and regularity. Sports people and others who need more energy have used Wheat Grass; it provides them with a nutrient rich food that is also packed with energy.
- 100 g Wheatgrass Powder, obtained from 1 kg of fresh Wheatgrass, can supply nourishment equal to that obtained from 23 kg of selected vegetables.
- Wheatgrass Powder is high in dietary fibre and thus helps maintain blood sugar level, cholesterol level and prevents constipation.
Suggested use of wheatgrass powder
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Wheat Grass Powder into juice, smoothie, salad dressing or other food; build up to twice daily over the first month.
- Best taken on an empty stomach and ensure six glasses of water daily.
- Children half to 1 teaspoon daily of Wheat Grass Powder into juice, smoothie or other food.