Following are some of the effective home remedies for prickly heat:
Home made paste
Home made bath treatments
Home made paste
- Gram flour paste:Apply gram flour (besan) paste over the infected area and allow it to dry. Wash it off with cold water. This will give relieve from inflammation and remove all the dead skins.
- Multanni Mitti (Fuller Earth): Take multani mitti pack by adding 4-5 tablespoon of it with rose water and plain water to make a thick paste. Apply it over affected area. Allow it to dry and then wash it off using cold water.
- Neem Leaves:- Take few neem (margosa) leaves and make its paste using water. Apply it over the affected area and allow it to dry. Then wash it with cold water.
- Sandalwood paste: Take equal amount of coriander and sandalwood powder. Add 2-3 tablespoon of rose water and prepare a paste. Apply this paste and allow it to dry. Wash it with cold water.
- Watermelon Pulp: Take the pulp of a watermelon and apply it in the affected areas. This will cool the body down and will provide relief for the prickly heat.
- Indian plum paste: Take the leaves of the Indian plum (jamun, Syzygium cumini). Add some baking soda in it. Then crush them to make a paste. Apply and let it stay on the affected area for few minutes. This is an assured remedy for prickly heat.
Home made bath treatments
- Oatmeal Powder: Add little amount of oatmeal powder in water and stir it well. Take bath using this water. This will give fast relief from inflammation and soothes the skin.
- Cornstarch paste: Make a paste of cornstarch or flour in water. Apply this paste on the affected skin areas. Let it remain there for about half an hour. When the paste completely dries up, then take a cold water bath and wash the paste away.
- Cotton cloth dab: Take cotton cloth or sponge and soak in cold water. Keep it over the affected area until all the water is not absorbed away. Do this 2-3 times a day.
- Camphor and Neem Oil: Add some camphor extract neem oil. Then massage this oil in the affected area. Keep this oil on the body for about half an hour and then have a bath with cool water. This will treat the prickly heat within a few days.
- Watermelon peel:Do not throw the peels of watermelon after eating the fruit. Instead apply the peels on the prickly heat affected areas. Use the inside portion to rub on the skin and then take bath.
- Ice cubes: Rub small ice cubes over the red boils. The cool ice cubes will reduce the inflammation and will also puncture the red swellings.
- Aloevera gel:You can also apply the gel of an aloe vera leaf onto the affected region and then take bath with cold water.
- Amla/Gooseberry treatment:Take an earthen pot and fill it with clean water. Take about fifteen to twenty clean gooseberries (amala). Then cover the pot with a lid. Let the gooseberries remain in the pot for one whole night. In the morning, the fruits will have become soft. Mash the amlas in the water itself and strain the water, add sugar in it and drink. Drink as much as you need to quench your thirst. This remedy removes the heat from the body and you can treat your prickly heat in about seven days.
- Lemon juice: Consuming a lot of limejuice is also a very good remedy for the treatment of prickly heat. Drink about three to four glasses of limejuice daily and this will clear the prickly heat in one fortnight.
- Sugarcane juice: Sugarcane juice is well-known to have cooling properties for the human body. Drink at least one glass of sugarcane juice every day during summer. If you already have prickly heat, then drink two glasses of sugarcane juice daily and this will solve the problem in three to four days.
- Watermelon and Watermelon juice: Eat watermelon and drink the juice. It will provide coolness in the body.
- Dust the affected area, especially of children, with baking soda.
- You can make a fine powder of sandalwood and dust it all over your body.
- You can also apply talcum powder after bath. This will help in absorbing extra moisture from the body and protect from prickly heat.