To enjoy a healthy living, it is necessary to consider detoxifying your body so that our body is cleansed from any toxins that are harmful to your body. Detoxification is also necessary to slim down and get rid of many diseases. There are various methods for detoxifying your body. However, one of the common and most simple ways is by using detox drinks. Though in the market there are a large number of detox drinks or juices available, it is very effective if you can opt for natural homemade detox juices. Natural detox drinks contained organic ingredients, whereas chemical detox drinks are formulated by chemical way. The natural detox drinks made from simple natural ingredients are among the best detox drinks that you can use to cleanse your body. Detox drinks can be in tea form or in fruit juice form.
- Water is the most common detox drink. Drink 8-10 glasses of water and flush out the toxins from your body.
- Honey, Lime & Water: Take a glass of luke warm water. Squeeze a lemon in it and add 1 tsp of honey. Mix well. Drink this in an empty stomach every morning in an empty stomach.
Detox Drink Recipe Suggestions
A typical detox drink can be made of
- Fresh Vegetables - Tomato, Spinach, Cucumber, Corn, Broccoli
- Fresh Fruits - Guava, Banana, Lemon, Green Apple, Dragon Fruit, Star Fruit
- Fresh Skimmed milk - Low Fat Yogurt Drinks, Low Fat Yogurt, Low fat milk
- Tea & Water
Homemade Detox Drinks
Here are some of the detox drinks that you can make at home to flush out toxins.
- Green Tea: Green tea is one of the common natural detox drinks. It also helps prevent some common illnesses.
- Nettle Tea: This is another common popular body cleanser together with ginger tea, which also helps in healing.
- Ginger Tea: In a normal cup of black tea, add ginger or grated ginger. This has to be one of the oldest recipes out there for detoxification.
- Peppermint Tea: Besides the obvious soothing effects, this tea can also help your body get rid of the toxins inside of it. You just have to remember that it is best to make one out of fresh peppermint tea leaves. Dandelion Tea: This type of tea can help enhance the blood circulation inside your body, help curing liver and heart problems.
- Milk Thistle Tea: This tea works very much like the Dandelion tea.
Detox Fruit Juice
- Pineapple, Ginger and Mint Detox Drink: Take half a pineapple and cut it into slices. Get few chopped mint leaves, 1cm of ginger piece. Mix and smash the ingredients in a juice extractor. Strain out the juice, stir and serve instantly. Add very small amount of sugar if required. But its always better if its consumed without sugar or salt added.
- Kiwi And Grape Fruit Juice Detox Drink: Mix 225g of kiwi fruits and 70g of billeted green grape fruit with 60ml of water. Smash them until the mixture becomes smooth. Pour it to a glass and serve fresh.
- Orange and Cinnamon Tea detox Drink: You would need few orange rind strips and 2 sticks of cinnamon. Take a saucepan. Add the ingredients mentioned above to the pan with 1 liter of water. Boil the mixture for a few minutes. Slow down the heat and boil the mixture for few more minutes. Let the mixture not be covered when it boils. Cool, filter and serve instantly.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice detox is a wonderful way to flush out and detox the kidneys, bladder and urinary tract it not only flushes them and removes the toxins from any infection but also supports them and aids in healing.
Detox Vegetable Juice
- Papaya Drink: Blend a small amount of green papaya with other fruits and some water in the blender and drink. It is best to drink it first thing in the morning.
- Carrot Juice: Carrot juice is one of the most refreshing fruit juices out there. You can either make it at home with fresh carrots or get the one available in the super market but make sure that no matter what brand you choose, it is 100% natural.
- Cabbage Juice: Get a fresh cabbage and make a juice out of that. This vegetable is loaded with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which can be helpful to you if you are experiencing joint pains.
- Beet Juice: Beets are full of cholesterol-lowering substances and also make your liver healthier which is why it is one of the most recommended
- Mixed Vegetable Drink: Take 1 peeled carrot, 1/4 cucumber, 1/3 tomato, 1/2 cup water , little salt and 1 pinch chilli powder. Blend these and have this mixture. Strain if desired, but then fiber content is dramatically reduced.