Scrub Yourself And Shine After A Fabulous Holi Bash !
After the Holi bash, just stand in front of the mirror and you will be shocked to see yourself. Red, Pink, Purple, Green ... you look like an alien . But that should not stop you from playing this colorful festival. Holi without colors is meaningless. Just follow these simple tips to beat the Holi hues at home.
- Apply foundation just before playing Holi. This will protect your skin from dry colours. Also apply vaseline to your lips.
- Apply oil all over your body the night before Holi. You can use coconut oil, mustard oil, almond oil, malai or any cold cream.
- You should also oil your hair thoroughly to prevent damage caused by the harsh chemicals present in the colours or gulal.
- Mix together 1 tbsp butter, few drops of lemon juice, radish juice, cucumber juice, tomato juice and a little bit of turmeric. Apply this on your face. When the pack dries, rub gently with glycerine and rose water. It moisturizes your skin making it easy for the colours to be washed with cold water.
Make Home Scrubs for Cleaning
Make these easy-to-make scrubs at home and see how it can help you to get rid of all the colour smeared on your face:
- Dal paste: Take 1 tsp each of masoor dal, gram flour, rose water, 2 tsp curd, a pinch of haldi and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply it all over your body. Scrub and wash off.
- Besan mix: Mix besan (gram flour), mustard oil and rose water (1 tsp each) with a pinch of turmeric powder and apply all over. Leave for some time and then wash.
- Mashed banana: Mix a mashed banana in 2 tbsp milk cream and apply this paste all over.
- Multani mitti: Mix 2 tbsp fuller’s earth (multani mitti), 1 tbsp glycerine, raw milk and curd (2 tbsp each) and apply. However you should use this scrub if you have normal skin.
- Cucumber juice mix: To prevent irritation and itchiness, mix 1 tbsp each of cucumber juice, milk cream , freshly ground bottle gourd peels and apply it on your face. Wash it off with coconut water. This paste soothes the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil with the help of cotton and then try to remove the colors.
Removing Teeth Stains
Colour on the teeth can be removed by rubbing some lemon rind on them for a shine. You can also make a paste of lemon juice, mustard oil and fine salt. Apply the mix and see your teeth glow.
Things to Remember
- Use cold water to remove the colors. You should know the fact that hot water makes the color fast and it becomes difficult to get rid of them.
- Do not wash your face again and again. This will make your face dry.
- Do not rub your skin with any rough material as it will make your skin harsh and itchy.
- To lighten the color, rub lemon wedges and then apply wheat flour and oil mixture.
- Apply moisturizer to the entire body immediately after a bath.
- If you are planing a bleach or facial then wait for atleast a week.