Listed below is a list of few things that you should have in your home to avoid swine flu:
Apple cider vinegar (not clear or distilled vinegar): Mix two tablespoons of vinegar, one tablespoon of honey, and one cup of warm water each morning. This may prevent and kill microbes that are trying to infect your body.
Garlic: Garlic has the reputation of being the greatest anti-microbial substance, been known to kill agents varying from tuberculosis, cancer, and pneumonia. When consumed, garlic will also remedy a cold within two days. Many people may not like eating garlic due to the strong flavor. There are, however, garlic tablets available in pharmacies. However it is always better to eat a raw garlic with food or in an empty stomach or before going to bed. Chewing fresh garlic cloves is considered an effective antiviral.
Vitamins and Minerals in diet: A great way to help prevent contracting the swine flu is to include adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals in your daily diet. An adequate supply of nutritional supplements helps strengthen the body’s internal defense system. Vitamin C , Vitamin A, Zinc, Protein can be effective in fighting viral infections. Vitamin A is found in fresh oranges and green vegetables, vitamic c in lemon, amla and other citrus fruits. Potatoes, milk, yogurt are few examples of zinc rich foods. Follow the color theme and include a lot of bright orange and green vegetables like carrots and pumpkins, apricots, mangoes, spinach and cabbage. Take protein ric food like meat, chicken, eggs, fish, milk, pulses, vegetables, nuts, seeds and soy-based foods. Additionally, healthy foods like whole grain and pumpkin seeds are pretty good to build antibodies against swine flu. If one is unable to get all the vitamins one can insist on taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement daily to boost one’s immune system and avoid swine flu.
Drink Lemon Balm Tea: The anti-viral property of lemon balm can treat swine flu. You can drink lemon balm tea twice every day.
Some other tips to fight swine flu or avoid swine flu (Dos and Donts)
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover your nose and mouth: If someone is sneezing or coughing near you, cover your nose and mouth with the inside of your palms or with your tissue. Or you can wear face mask before going outside.
- Steam Inhalation: Steam inhalation with eucalyptus or chamomile two-three times a day can relieve from congestion from the lungs.
- Stress reduction:Stress reduction can be one of the best home remedies for colds, flu and other infections . This is because, if you are highly stressed, your immune system is compromised and the body finds it more difficult to fight the virus.
- VERY IMPORTANT. DO NOT PANIC. IF YOU HAVE THE SYMPTONS, IF YOU START FEELING ILL WITH FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS DO NOT GO TO WORK OR SCHOOL. STAY HOME AND START TAKING PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES AND CONSULT A DOCTOR.
- Get enough sleep
- Keep hydrated: Drink 8 to10 glasses of water each day to flush toxins from your system and maintain good moisture and mucous production in your sinuses.
- Avoid alcohol: Apart from being a mood depressant, alcohol is an immune suppressant that can actually decrease your resistance to viral infections like swine flu. So stay away from alcoholic drinks.
- Be physically active: Moderate exercise can support the immune system by increasing circulation and oxygenating the body. For example brisk walking for 30-40 minutes 3-4 times a week will significantly perk up your immunity.
- Keep away from sick people
- Avoid crowded areas
It is best to take immediate action and include healthy foods to build up immunity and avoid the deadly disease, swine flu.