Hair splits or split ends is a common problem faced by many. Pollution, use of chemical based products for coloring or curling or straightening, including the chlorine in bath water, lead to hair split ends. While there are certain hair care products which are available in the market, it is always better to opt for natural remedies for this problem.
|Hair Split Ends|
Simple Home Treatments to Prevent Hair Splits
- Oil massage: Regular massage your hair. Use coconut oil or olive or almond oil. You can also use a combination of all oils in equal amount. It is better if you heat it a bit. Apply the warm hair on your scalp as well as on the full length of the hair. Oiling restores hair moisture. Wash with a mild shampoo.
- Egg and Oil Mask: Take three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Mix egg yolk in it. Gently apply this mask on your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave on for about an hour and wash with a mild shampoo.
- Papaya and Yoghurt Mask: Mash two small slices of ripe papaya. Mix two tablespoons yoghurt in it. Mix properly and apply this mask on your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and then wash with a mild shampoo after half-an-hour or so. Papaya is rich in proteins. This hair mask helps to maintain the shine, moisture and growth of your hair.
- Honey rinse: Mix two tablespoons honey in four cups warm water and apply to your hair after you shampoo/condition your hair. Leave it in your hair. This treatment prevents hair dryness and frizz.
- Banana mask: This is another popular home remedy for split ends. Mash 1 banana. Add 1 egg, 3 tbsp milk, 5 tbsp honey to it. Thoroughly mix it. Apply this paste on your hair and scalp. Wash after 30 min with a mild shampoo.
Essential Tips to Prevent Hair Split Ends
You know that you get split ends when your hair is not fully moisturized and this happens when your hair doesn't get enough nourishment. Here are some easy tips to cure or prevent split ends.
- Use alcohol-free shampoos. Use shampoos with natural ingredients.
- Shampoo your hair not more than thrice a week.
- Use a conditioner after every shampoo wash.
- Let your dry naturally. Towel dry instead of blow drying.
- Get a trim. Trim your hair once every 3 months to get rid of dry, weak hair.
- Wash hair after swimming or exercising. The salt in sweat and chlorine in the pool is harmful
- Oil hair regularly
- Protect hair from sun
- Use soft combs
- Use wide toothed comb to de-tangle wet hair.
You Might Also be Interested In:
Image Source: idiva.com
- Natural Hair Fall Treatment
- How to Grow Your Hair Faster?
- Natural Care for Dry Hair
- Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Image Source: idiva.com