Blackheads are very common problem seen in young people. Black heads can appear at any part of the body such as the face, back, chest . Especially they appear on those areas of the body that are rich in sebaceous glands (the oil producing glands of the skin). It is said that they are caused by excess of sebaceous glands . When there is excess oil in the skin, the pores of the skin thickens. The oil collects in the pores and then get blocked in the pores. At the tip of the blocked pores, the oil is exposed to the air, which turns black in color and in this way blackheads are formed. This can also result into acne or pimple and hence it is very essential to control blackheads. Usually improper skin care and oily and combination skins are the two main causes of black heads. Environmental pollution is another major cause of blackheads.
Natural Treatment for Blackheads
There are some effective home remedies to reduce or prevent the growth of black heads which we are discussing below:
|Removing Blackheads Naturally|
- Almond or Oatmeal Paste: Prepare a paste of oatmeal or almond by mixing almond powder or oatmeal powder in rosewater. Apply this paste on your face. Rub it on skin with fingertips in the affected areas. After about 15-20 minutes, wash off with cold water.
- Water and Boric Acid: Make a solution of one and a half cups of hot water and half a tablespoon of boric powder. This is an effective home remedy for blackheads.
- Drumstick Pods and Lime Juice: Take some ground drumstick pods and leaves and mix fresh lime juice with it. It has good results on the treatment of blackheads.
- Honey: Apply honey on the affected areas. After few minutes wash the face.
- Radish Seeds: Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water. You can apply this on the face.
- Limejuice and Groundnut Oil: You can also try applying a a mixture of 1 tsps groundnut oil with 1 tsp fresh limejuice to prevent the formation of blackheads and pimples.
- Basil Leaves: Boil few basil leaves in a cup of water. Cool, and apply with cotton ball. This is a very herbal remedy for blackheads.
- Fenugreek Leaves and Seeds: Make a paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves. Used this paste on your face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. It is an effective remedy for blackheads. Apply a decoction on the face. Boil 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds in 1 liter water for some minutes. This is an useful home remedy for blackhead
- Fuller Earth: There is a very good remedy for blackheads. For this you will require glycerin soap, fuller's earth (multani mutti), and almond powder in the ratio of 2:1:4. That is in 20 gram of glycerin soap add 10 grams of fuller's earth and 40 grams of almond powder. Now boil this in water and make a paste and apply on the blackheads.
- Grated Potato: Apply grated potatoes as poultice to cure skin blemishes , blackheads etc.
- Salt Water: At least once a day wash your face with salty water. Take about 8 ounces of lukewarm water and add a tablespoon of salt to it. Salt is very helpful in drying out the skins excess oil, there by helping in getting rid of blackheads.
- Wash your face in very warm water, then squeeze a fresh lemon and mix an a little salt. Apply on face let it air dry for about 20 minutes. Wash your face with warm water again.
- Always keep your skin clean.
- You can also use some oil control formula for skin to prevent blackheads.
- Steam your face for 5 minutes with the support of sterilized cotton wool and facial tissue to squeeze out blackhead.
- Ice Cubes: Take a few ice cubes and rub it across your blackhead areas. The ice will tighten the skin pores, giving less space for the oil to dwell. Use a blackhead extractor to remove the blackheads.
- Toothpaste: Take some toothpaste. Apply this on the blackheads. The toothpaste will help in reducing the swelling and will lead to drying out of the blackheads. However, you should use toothpaste but not gel.