What is Mental Fatigue?
Mental fatigue is a serious problem faced by many in today's age. Just as after a hard day's work out body gets tired, which we call as physical fatigue, so al our brain cells can become over exhausted leading to mental fatigue. When we Overload our mind with too much to deal with all at one go, it can be very detrimental to health. A combination of continuous mental effort, deep attention, high emotion, and severe stress can cause any person to encounter a bout of mental fatigue and this has become very common nowadays.
Causes of Mental Fatigue
- Lack of sufficient minerals or vitamins in the body.
- A great deal of blood loss during an accident.
- Head Injury
- There are a number of medications that can cause mental fatigue
- Sleep Deprivation:
- Other Sicknesses like leukemia, Parkinson’s disease, and muscular dystrophy.
- Pregnancy stress
- Late Work Nights
- Emotional shutdown
Quick Home Remedies for Mental Fatigue
- Deep Breathing Exercises
- Dietary Changes: Go for a regular food diet. Avoid oily and fried stuff. Eat lots of green vegetables and fruits. Drink fruit juice. Eat food rich in vitamins and minerals. Make sure to eat a balanced diet and don't skip meals. This ensures the body is receiving a variety of essential nutrients and keeps blood sugar levels stable.
- Exercise: Exercise regularly. Indulging exercise in the morning and attending gym for a workout helps to get rid of the problem of fatigue. Brisk walking is also helpful. Any kind of exercise like walking, jogging, yoga. cycling etc. will help improve oxygen levels in the bloodstream, which results in improved cognitive functions.
- Essential Oils/Aromatherapy: Essential oils like lavender, peppermint, rosemary oil help in removing mental fatigue. Use them as bath or massage oil. Allow your mind to rest with the help of essential oils that leads to an enhanced mental wellbeing.
- Caffeine: For a short term relief, you can have a cup of hot coffee.
- Rose Petals: It is said that rose petals possess the power to reduce depression and mental fatigue. Prepare a relaxing concoction using 20 to 30 rose petals added to a glass of water that has been boiled for 15 minutes. Allow the mixture to stand and cool before taking two to three times per day.
- Water Therapy: Use the method of hydrotherapy to get relief from discomfort and mental stress. Sink into a tub of hot waterand melt away mental tension.
- Proper Sleep: Impose a set bedtime to get into a healthy routine. To send you off to sleep quickly, make sure to turn off the television, keep sunlight out of the room, and invest in a comfortable pillow.