Important Uses of Rose Water
- Due to its pleasant fragrance, rose water is used as an important ingredient in many body creams.
- It is a very useful toner.
- Rose water helps to stimulate the nervous system.
- Rose water also has certain antiseptic and anti bacterial properties.
- It has a distinct flavor. That is why in many recipes, rose water is used for its flavor.
- Rose water also has a religious significance. It is used in certain religious ceremonies as well.
Rose Water For Your Skin Only
Here are few examples on how you can use rose water in various forms for your skin:
Cleanser: Rose has natural cleansing properties. This reduces wrinkles, fine lines and skin inflammation when used regularly. For this, take 1 cup of rose water, add 10 drops of essential oil of rose and 2 tsp of glycerin in it and make your own cleanser. Use it for that perfect cleansing of your skin.
Toner: Rose water is excellent to treat acne and wrinkles. It also helps to tighten pores. For this, take a dark glass bottle and fill it up with 1 1/4 cup of rose water, 3/4 cup of witch hazel and 8 glycerin drops. Shake the bottle. This is a homemade toner. Now use a cotton ball to apply it on your skin. This also refresh you completely.
Cream: Take your regular cream or lotion and apply it with few drops of rose water. This can fight several types of dermatitis and maintains the pH balance of the skin. Good for both oily and dry skin.
Perfume: Take a cup and fill it up to quarter level with rose water. Now put 5 drops of jasmine essential oil and mix it well. Store this in a in a dark glass bottle and tight the lid properly. This acts as a perfume and the fragrance is so mild and refreshing.