A serious adolescence problem of the skin is pimples, which spoil looks by appearing on the cheeks, forehead and nose. Pimples are common in young teenagers and also in adults and there are many causes for pimples or acne like oil skin, unhealthy food habits, hormonal change, lack of vitamin C, pregnancy etc. A list of few home remedies is given below which have worked wonders for many but may not work for some people. Nevertheless you can try using these home remedies:
- Groundnut oil: Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. This helps in preventing formation of blackheads and pimples.
- Honey: Apply honey over pimples and acne. It kills bacteria and leaves the skin pimple free.
- Toothpaste: Use toothpaste and not the gel variety and gently apply directly on top of the scar and let it dry. This will draw the pimple out and make your skin blemish free.
- Raw papaya: You will definitely get a good result if you apply fresh juice of raw papaya on pimples.
- Raw potato: Peel and greate a raw potato. Tie the grated potato in a muslin cloth tightly to form a pad and rub this pad all over the face in a circular motion for about 5-7 minutes. Then wash your face. You can also rub potato slices all over the face. This helps in removing pimple scars.
- Fenugreek: Take the leaves, make a paste and apply overnight and in the next morning, wash your face using warm water.
- Orange Peel: Apply to affected areas pounded orange peels combined with water. Apply this regularly and watch the results.
- Garlic: Rub raw garlic over affected areas several times a day. This clear up the skin. Eating three or four seeds of raw garlic once daily for a month can also help in making your skin blemish free as the garlic seeds purify the blood.
- Lemon: Apply lemon juice to pimples to reduce their size and intensity.
- Cucumber: Apply grated cucumber over the face, neck, and eyes for the treatment of pimples.
- Practice clean skin habits: Keep you skin clean always. Do not use scrubbers.
- Keep your hands off the affected areas:
- Shave With Caution
- Read All Skin Care Labels when purchasing skin care products
- Drink plenty of water, fresh fruits and avoid oily food.
- Avoid late nights.