Vinegar, with its mild antiseptic properties, is widely recommend for various health benefits. You can use vinegar as a first line of treatment for several different issues. We are discussing here about white vinegar her and not Apple Cider Vinegar which is equally beneficial for health.
Difference Between Apple Cider vinegar and White Vinegar
Cider Vinegar is made from apple juices and has an acidity in the range of 5 to 6 percent. White or distilled vinegar, is produced from the second fermentation of dilute distilled alcohol. The alcohol could be made from grain or the starch from corn, potatoes, rice and barley. Distilled vinegar is usually less acidic than cider vinegars and range from 4 to 7 percent acidity.
- Nail Fungus: Nail fungus, a condition that manifests as white or yellowish discoloration on your fingernails or toenails, may respond well to treatment with vinegar. Soak your affected hands or feet in a mixture of one part vinegar and two parts water for half an hour every day to treat fungal infections. This treatment may work because of vinegar's ability to kill bacteria.
- Bee Sting: Stop insect stings and bites from itching by dabbing them with a cotton ball saturated with undiluted white distilled vinegar.
- Sunburn: Soothe sunburn with white distilled vinegar. Spray over tanned areas as often as you like. Ice-cold white distilled vinegar will feel even better, and may prevent blistering and peeling.
- Cut and Scraps: Use white distilled vinegar as an antiseptic.
- Foot Odour: Wash your feet well with antiseptic soap daily, then soaking them in undiluted vinegar for 10 minutes or so.
- Bad breath: Get rid of bad breath and whiten your teeth by brushing them once or twice a week with white distilled vinegar.
Other Helpful Tips
- Make nail polish last longer: Wipe fingernails with cotton balls dipped in white distilled vinegar before putting on nail polish.
- For Shiny Hair: To make a vinegar rinse, add 1 cup vinegar to 2 cups warm water, add a a drop of essential oil if you like, and work into hair.Rinse your hair with this. It restores luster by removing build up from other hair products. It leaves hair smooth and silky and is said by many to remove tangles.
- Hair Problem: To clean your scalp, improve its health, and fight dandruff, rinse with a solution of ½ cup vinegar mixed with 2 cups of warm water after shampooing.